Monday, August 4, 2008

Bulk Cooking: Hamburger Meat

I found hamburger meat on sale so I bought several family packs. I cooked them all and used them in the following ways.

Taco Meat
3 lbs hamburger meat (browned and drained)
seasoned with taco seasoning

Divided the meat up into ziploc bags. 1 pound into each bag. We can use this for tacos or for nachos.

Spaghetti
4 lbs hamburger meat (browned and drained)
SAMS Spicy Spaghetti Mix
Tomato Sauce

I am a huge fan of SAMS Spicy Spaghetti Mix. It has great seasonings and is easy, easy to make. This made enough spaghetti sauce for three meals.

The rest of the hamburger meat I put into Ziploc bags for use in various casseroles, dishes and even Sloppy Joes.

Always label your ziploc with a Sharpie with the date and name of what is inside.

4 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

We do the same thing!

Unknown said...

This makes planning meals so much simplier - and easier too!

Deanna said...

Don't you just love having hamburger meat already cooked and on hand for busy nights? Especially with school about to start!

Live.Love.Eat said...

You're so good about freezing things. I am bad & we hardly eat leftovers too so I try not to make too much of anything. This past weekend with the pot roast was one of the few times I can remember. And I do have the meat sauce I made in the freezer a few weeks ago, so I am not a total lost cause. It dawned on me you asked if those cheesy shrimp grits toast could be frozen. I would imagibe the grits could be but I would make the topping fresh.