Monday, August 25, 2008

Unbaked Chocolate Cookies

Note: These are my hub's absolute favorite cookies. Since today is his birthday I will be making them for him. He will know I truly love him because just the smell of them makes me nauseous not to mention the sight of them. Long story... I love you, sweetheart! Happy Birthday!



Unbaked Chocolate Cookies



Ingredients:

2 cup sugar

4 tsp. cocoa

1/2 cup milk

1 stick of oleo

1/2 cup peanut butter

2 tsp. vanilla

3 1/2 cup quick cooking oats



Directions:
Put sugar, cocoa, milk and oleo in a pan; boil for 1 1/2 minutes. Add peanut butter, vanilla and oats. Boil for 2 or 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Drop on wax paper.

4 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

These have been my ALL TIME favorite cookies since ... forever. My friends loved them as much as I did.

In college, I showed up at the dorm after going home for the weekend with a box of these. One of my good friends saw me down the hall, saw the box, hollered "MOMMY COOKIES!!!", took off running, grabbed them and disappeared into my room to eat.

They've been called mommy cookies ever since.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these but because I'm a lazy cook, I skip most of the ingredients and use chocolate frosting (creamy, not whipped)... melt in the microwave with peanut butter, mix with oats... put in the fridge to set... yumMY

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

That is so sweet!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Those balls look incredible and it's funny, I never heard of unbaked cookies until last week when a co-worker brought them in and gave me the recipe.