Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Poppy Seed Chicken


Note: This is one of Big Guy's favorites. I usually make a double batch so we have plenty of leftovers. I can eat spoonfuls of this cold!


Poppy Seed Chicken

Ingredients:
5 cups of cooked, diced chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
16 ounces of sour cream
one tablespoon poppy seeds
one sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
1/4 cup melted butter

Directions...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the first five ingredients. Spread into 13x9 casserole dish. Cover with crushed crackers and drizzle with butter. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges and crackers are golden brown.

Serve over rice.

2 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

OK, now I have the voice of the wicked witch in my head going "POPPIES!"

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh Lana has a similar recipe. I was going to post it for TMTT sometime. You go girl. I had never had this, until recently. Yummy. More good comfort food.