Monday, August 18, 2008

Hawaiian Ribs

Note: Don't laugh, but I have a jar of apricot jam and don't want it to go to waste. I found this recipe and thought. Gotta try it!

Hawaiian Ribs

Ingredients:
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1/3 cup apricot jam
3 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
3 to 4 pounds pork baby back ribs

Directions:
Combine pineapple (including the juice), apricot jam, mustard, vinegar, ginger and garlic in the food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Place ribs on oiled grid. Grill ribs over medium heat 40 minutes or until ribs are no longer pink near bone. Brush ribs with portion of pineapple sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking. Cut into individual ribs to serve. Serve remaining sauce for dipping.

Shortcut: I made these yesterday and knew I wasn't going to have time to put them on the grill so I put them in the crockpot to cook with a little of the marinade on them. When they were tender I took them out and basted them with the sauce and put them under the broider in the oven. I should have taken a photo, but they were gone as soon as I took them out of the oven!

2 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hey, I'm not laughing. I think these sound great. Totally would have loved a picture but I'll take your word for it that they were delicious!!!

Deanna said...

I was seriously going to take a photo but my guys were eating them before I could even put them on the plates! They have asked me to make them again this week.