Saturday, August 16, 2008

Caribbean Black Beans and Coconut Rice

Note: Remember that can of coconut milk I had a while back that I didn't know what to do with? Well, this was the perfect recipe that I found. Sorry it took me so long to post it and thanks so much to The Sisters' Cafe for providing the amazing recipe!

Caribbean Black Beans and Coconut Rice

Ingredients:
5-6 c cooked jasmine rice (2 cups uncooked rice)
1 tsp dried thyme (or one Tb fresh)
1-2 Tb canola oil
4-5 small sweet peppers of red, orange and yellow
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch of green onions, sliced thinly
4 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can coconut milk

Directions:
While the rice is cooking, saute the peppers and garlic in the oil until soft. Add the green onions and saute 2-3 minutes more. Stir in the black beans and warm through then add the rice and coconut milk. Stir over med-low heat until well combined and heated through. Serve hot.

2 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh I really like this one. To keep it simple, this would make a great side to some rotisserie chicken. I hope to make it this week. Thank you!!!!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

As you know I made it & I did like it. But I had it last night for leftover with my posted recipe today and it was even better. I tasted the coconut milk a little more & thought it was great!!!!