Thursday, August 28, 2008

Redneck "Oreo" Truffles


Note: After making the red velvet balls for the teachers I remembered this recipe for truffles and decided to go ahead and try these out too. Now I have these plus a bunch of dipped honey grahams and peanut butter crackers for Big Guy's birthday party.

Redneck "Oreo" Truffles


Ingredients:

1 package oreo cookies, crumbled
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark


Directions:

Crush cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. Put in the freezer to chill until solid. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. Enjoy!


Note: I always seem to have some white chocolate left so I use it up by dipping crackers, pretzels or even Teddy Grahams in it. I always make up a bunch of peanut butter crackers and dip them in white chocolate. The boys love the treat!

4 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

These look beautiful!!!!! I've added your dorito chicken to my list of things to make.

Dr. Wifey said...

delish!

From the Doghouse said...

Those look too pretty to eat. So I won't fix them, I'll just eat the cookies and pour the toppings into my mouth.

Kinda kills the effect, huh?

HEATHER said...

My neighbor gave me some of these the other day. They were so good. She's not one to share recipes either, so thank you so much!!!!!