Note: This is comfort food for us. I don't know why since neither of us grew up eating it, but since we have gotten married it is something that we both want when we are stressed.
Hash Brown Casserole
2 lbs frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
2 cups sour cream
1 10 1/2 ounce can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 stick butter, melted
2 cups crushed corn flakes
1. Place potatoes in greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In bowl, combine onions, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup.
4. Stir soup mixture into potatoes.
5. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup melted butter.
6. Sprinkle with crushed corn flakes and 1 stick melted butter.
7. Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.