Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bird's Nest

Note: When the boys came out and asked for lunch they wanted grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. While I was making their sandwiches I realized that I really wanted a Bird's Nest. Simple, quick and hits the spot. Good for breakfast, sandwich substitute or just when that craving hits you.

Bird's Nest

Ingredients:

1 slice of bread

butter

1 egg

salt and pepper


Directions:

Butter both sides of the bread. With a biscuit cutter or glass cut a circle out of the center of the bread. Place buttered bread in hot skillet (as hot as you would do grilled cheese). After butter has had a chance to melt, crack the egg into the "hole". Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Once the egg has cooked enough to set, flip. When toast is browned to taste. Serve.

4 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow. Simple but delicious!!!

Unknown said...

My mom never made these with the hole. We always just had toast with a soft boiled egg on top and broke it over the toast. SOOOO good!

Jenny said...

I Love this dish. My mom make this all the time for my sister and I growing up! It's so good.

Wills Kitchen said...

Boy I had forgotten about this have not made one in a long time so this past Sunday it was on the breakfast menu. Thanks for the reminder. We just got a lot of rain down here.