Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer Night Tea


Note: This is our favorite special summer tea. My boys absolutely love it and if we are having company over they always insist that I make it.


Summer Night Tea


Ingredients:
1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
1 ½ quarts boiling water
3 family sized tea bags
½ cup sugar
1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime carbonated drink, chilled
Garnish: fresh mint sprits or slices of fresh lemon

Directions:

Place strawberries in blender, process until smooth, and set aside. Pour boiling water over tea bags; cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, squeeze gently. Stir in sugar, lemonade concentrate, and strawberry puree, chill. Stir in lemon-lime beverage just before serving. Serve tea over ice. Garnish, if desired.

2 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

That sounds GOOD!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I never make things like this because we all either drink alcohol or just water :) but really I need to put this on my list. It's one of those drinks I should just serve on a hot day and I'm sure it will go. Maybe this Saturday because I will have family over. Thanks! You always have recipes that open me to new things.