Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dump Cake


Note: This is a really quick and easy dessert. I have no idea what the official title of it is. I just call it Dump Cake for two reasons: 1. because you literally dump all the ingredients into a pan and bake it and 2. when my husband and I first got married, I decided to bake this for him and when I took it out of the oven I burned my hand and dumped it all over the floor.


Dump Cake


Ingredients:

2 cans blueberry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick margarine

Directions:
Pour blueberry pie filling into bottom of 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish. Sprinkle pineapples on top of that. Sprinkle cake mix on top of fruit filling. Cut margarine into squares and places over the top of the cake mix. Bake in a 350 degrees oven until the cake mix is browned. Serve warm either plain or with a little vanilla ice cream on top.


Variations: Use whatever type pie filling and fruit you want to use - apple pie filling, blackberry pie filling, etc... Just whatever suits your taste!

This is one of those desserts that is really easy to throw together at a minute's notice and taste really good.

7 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Ha ha. That's a GREAT name. I wouldn't change it if you did find out the real one!!! And looks awesome!!!

From the Doghouse said...

How does it taste off of the floor?

(ducking)

Wills Kitchen said...

This looks like one we will have to try.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Deanna, that was such a thoughtful comment, thank you for that!!!!!!!!!!

HEATHER said...

Honey, I have this recipe in several of my local church cookbooks and DUMP CAKE is what it is called.
I have never made it, but yours looks delicious.

Deanna said...

Heather - I guess it is just the natural name for it then!! Hope nobody else named it that because they dumped it on the floor like me. Ha!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh my goodness. What are you doing, comfort food galore, this week? You rock. Dump Cake. Who wouldn't love a dump cake!!!! YOU RAWK!